We will ensure that a post – admission review (initial review) takes place usually within 2 weeks in line with the therapeutic assessment.
This meeting will endorse the placement and agree the details of individual support plans. This ad-mission review will ensure that all parents/carers and professionals are informed by up to date de-tailed baseline assessment.
Horizons Educare School will ensure when admitting a child/young person that prior to the end of the post – admission period (6 weeks) they have identified and completed:
- The identification of any additional special educational needs that the school is equipped to cater for
- Base line information and assessment details to be presented in the post – admission review
- Information stating what needs to be in place to support a child/young person in the placement
- An induction process for a new child/young person
- A package that identifies the resources and expertise required to meet the changing/developing needs of the child/young person’s individual needs.
A Therapeutic intervention assessment indicating any necessary interventions needed to support the child/young person will be completed within the initial 6 week assessment.