We endeavour to recruit a balanced workforce that encompasses gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability and cultures.
The number of staff on duty at each home is always informed by the specific and assessed needs of each individual young person.
Qualifications and Training
The care staff team at each home are led by the manager who will be registered with Social Care Wales and will hold the QCF Level 5 Health and Social Care Children and Young People or an industry recognised equivalent.
We hope that all staff will achieve the QCF Level 3 Health and Social Care Children and Young People Qualification residential or other recognised care leadership qualification. Our senior staff have good knowledge of managing a staff team and supporting the needs of our young people.
All core support staff receive an intensive induction to fully equip them for the challenging and rewarding role before starting to work with the young people.
A yearly training programme is in place to maintain and enhance staff skills and knowledge. This is provided both by internal and external trainers. Every staff member has a personal development plan to support their progress and goals.
Training includes: –
- Child Protection/ Safeguarding
- Administration of Medication
- initial Induction in Head Office and in the home
- Positive Behavioural Support and behaviour management
Theraplay and PACE (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy)
- PAMOVA- Physical Intervention reduction and safe holds
- Fire Safety
- Food hygiene
- QCF Level 3 and 5 Health and Social Care Children and Young People
- Risk Reduction and enabling safe risk taking
- Person Centered Care planning
- Activity Planners -effective use and getting result for young people
- Key working
- Therapeutic interventions
- Life story work
- First Aid
A training matrix for all staff is maintained to track training and ensure compliance with current legislation.
- We pay industry leading rates of pay
- We support our employees to obtain industry recognised qualifications
- We offer career progression opportunities
- Perkbox staff rewards
- Staff pension
- Statutory sick pay
‘Staff spoke highly of the support they received from the manager and as a team’.